Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Day I Saw Fruit From Our Labor

This weekend our church held a Sunday School Program to showcase everything the children have learned throughout the year. Both of our kids had practice their roles many times at home and were so excited. They got dressed in their Sunday best and ran to the children's center that morning. I gave them a kiss and told them that they would do great. Then, I went to get a seat.

I was not prepared for what happened next.

My little girl's class was first. She stood up, smiled big, and with great confidence shouted her line. I was so proud. To see her stand up in front of a crowd next to other children and speak with emotion is huge! Two years ago she wouldn't tolerate even being around two other people and struggled with expression. It was a very exciting.

Then, my son's class lined up. I noticed all the other kids were  looking at my son as he STARTED THE PRAYER. Tears rolled down my face as I saw him do this with great eye contact and expression. It was at this moment that I fully realized that God answered my prayer from five years ago.

I remember that night so vividly. Crying ugly tears and asking God to please restore my child's health and his voice. I remember how hard it was sitting through evaluations and listening to the results. I remember everyday of therapy then and now.

Sometimes you get so caught up in routines that you do not realize the amount of progress since "that day". This weekend was a great reminder to me of how far we have come on this journey. It blows my mind how God can take a little boy who lost his speech to five years later standing in front of his program leading the prayer and a little girl who struggled to connect to two years later standing with her class to do a program in front of a crowd. God is amazing!

I am so thankful. Thankful to God and all of those he has used to do wonderful works in my children.  It is nice to see all the fruits from the labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment